looking at the incoming links over at Metroblogging Vancouver [mbv] I noticed one from The Province, one of the main newspapers here in Vancouver. Taking a look at the incoming link I couldn't find anything, but when I did a site search for "Metroblogging" I came up with quite a few times where they've quoted from the Vancouver based blog. Indeed these quotes go back at least since last year, and since I've never discovered it before today it suggests that we don't get much in the way of traffic from links off of the newspaper's site.
Now I'm pretty sure these quotes were just on the website, and not in the physical paper.
Subjects that I've been quoted on:
- About Robert Pickton [tp]
- About what the nicest McDonald's in the Lower Mainland is [tp]
- The Spice Girls in Vancouver [tp]
Meanwhile I've been blogging over at Metroblogging Vancouver, and a few of those are worth checking out. What should you be reading over there during my blogging lull here? Well check these out:
- The Canucks win the Stanley Cup [mbv]
- "We Are All Canucks" more than just branding [mbv]
- The Vancouver Sun knows the internets [mbv]
Lastly I thought I'd repost links to my two articles in The Georgia Straight for those who may have missed it: